POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPatch and WIN98 lockups : Re: MegaPatch and WIN98 lockups Server Time
2 Sep 2024 00:12:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPatch and WIN98 lockups
From: GrimDude
Date: 16 Aug 2000 03:20:59
Message: <399a40db@news.povray.org>
More likely some other registered program, or something silly, but you never
know. The last time this happened I was tracing a 320 frame animation with
full radiosity and low-low alias/high ray count, with 10.8Megs of source
files and a one hour parse time. It got to frame 49, locked up, and then on
reboot/restart/continue_trace it finished normally.

Should it happen again I'll ask you to retrace my steps. :D  I can hear your
answer now (I don't think so!). Well, anyway. I haven't seen it crash in
three weeks now (I think).

I will say that using MP0.5 on a Win95 machine is a big mistake. There is
some difference between 98 and 95 that should have gotten more praise. I
don't know what it is, but there seems to be a problem in recovering
resources?

Grim